Sunday, September 30, 2007

Going Off the Radar

For reasons that many of you (if the number of people that read my blog can indeed be counted as many) know already, I'll be moving back to Mashhad in a month. The month is for me to tie some loose ends over here at work and help the project I'm involved in as much as I can, so when I return home, my (almost non-existent) conscience doesn't bother me unbearably.
On the other hand, I have made my decision and will return to Mashhad to pursue and finish my studies no matter what happens and small things like a guilty conscience and leaving dear friends between a rock and a hard place in a pick won't deter me!
Anyway, since I'll be leaving for Mashhad in a month (that's the minimum period my contract requires of me) and the project won't be finished until then (the plan is for another 3 month, with a 6-person team,) my friend and project lead - Farzam - suggested that we (him and myself) put off all life for a month and finish the project by ourselves! It's 18 man-months, shrunken into two! I don't know if we can, but with the overhead from all the unnecessary work (like generating documentation!) and communication and endless meetings gone, I think we just might be able to pull this off!
But for that to happen, I really need to cut off from the world. I think I'll check my emails from time to time, but instant messengers, browsing, probably posting to my worthy and popular blog (NOT!) will have to go into the cellar for the time being. So "¡AdiĆ³s Amigos!" Keep in touch, if at all possible!

1 comment:

MatGill said...

Good Luck!