Thursday, August 10, 2006

Requiem For a Dream

I just finished watching it, and it's either the best film in the world, or the worst one. After you see this movie, you may hate it for the rest of your days, but you won't be able to forget it, if you really watch it.
I don't know how to describe it. It's about real life and it's frightening. If you want to see a disturbing film (who doesn't!) see this one.
On top of that, the sound track is... stupendous! I've had heard the track before, and even knew it was the soundtrack for this movie, but in the context, it just takes you to another place. It's black and dark and bloody magic.
I don't think I will ever watch it again (unless I get my hands on a better copy!) but you really don't need to watch it over and over to get what it tries to tell you. If you are a film critic or student, sure you have to watch it more times, but I'm neither, and the one time is enough.

No comments: